- The migration script has only been tested against standard installation and may produce undesired effects in customised environments.
- It is highly recommended to make a full system backup/snapshot of the old Zarafa installation and your LDAP tree before attempting the migration.
- The script will detect if the default dir for attachments in Zarafa (var/lib/zarafa/attachments) is located in a mounted volume and will reuse it for Kopano. If attachments are stored in a different location these have to be manually configured in Kopano.
- While migrating the data everything already setup in Kopano will be replaced by the data of the old Zarafa app. It is not possible to merge both data sources.
- If you want to continue using the old Zarafa Mapi client for Outlook, please make sure that you are using a version >=7.2.3.
- The migration script will not migrate any data related to Zarafa WebMeetings, since the used encryption secrets are automatically recreated and Turn credentials are not compatible anyways.
- The migration script does not change the socket information of server objects in a Zarafa Multiserver environment, since these sockets have changed in Kopano the admin needs to manually update them.
- The migration script uses "rsync .. --remove-source-files" to move attachment data to the new location, which is thorough, but slow. For time sensitive migrations the last line of kopani4ucs-migrate-files.sh can be commented out, but then the owner of the attachment dir, as well as moving the directory or updating the attachment dir in server.cfg, has to be done manually.
→ manual way to move these users is explained in https://help.univention.com/t/zarafa-to-kopano-non-active/4999 (german)
If you want to work on these issues, please let us know.
Uninstall the Zarafa Apps and install the Kopano counterparts instead
The script assumes you have already installed the Kopano apps, and to achieve this you need to remove the Zarafa ones before. Before upgrade to Kopano you do not necessarily have to be running a specific version of Zarafa, an upgrade is technically possible from all versions (as long as Kopano is available from the Appcenter), but for optimal compatibility a 7.2.x version should be used.
Please remove and install the desired apps from the Univention Appcenter module.
Problems installing Kopano?
Please make sure that all Zarafa packages have been removed. If packages such as python-zarafa have been manually installed over time they won't be removed when the app itself is removed.
Installing the migration script
All necessary scripts and system dependencies come bundled with the package kopano4ucs-migrate-zarafa. Please install the package from the commandline:
Running the migration script
The migration script actually consists of several parts and one script to wrap the individual scripts together and stop all related services.
You start the migration by running kopano4ucs-migrate.sh.
Executing this script will enable the user_safe_mode of kopano-server and stop all Kopano services. No login will be possible directly afterwards!
When you see the following message the scripts have finished running and you can login to for example Kopano WebApp to check if all data is listed es expected.
If you don't see this message, something has gone wrong in between (there are no background tasks, after the prompt has returned).
Checking the system & migration afterwork
After the scripts have run, please check server.log if it reports any errors or even want to delete users. Each user listed in kopano-admin -l should also be able to login through (for example) WebApp.
After this has been made sure, you can disable the user_safe_mode of kopano-server and reload the server with the following commands: